MBBS in Russia | MBBS in Moscow | Study in Russia | Study in Moscow | Education in Russia | Education in Moscow | I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | FMSMU | MBBS Admission in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | MBBS Fee in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | Direct Admission in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | Apply for MBBS Admission in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | How to Get Direct Admission in MBBS in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | Study in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | About I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | Tuition Fee in I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University | About Moscow
The Department of Clinical Pharmacology, founded in 1972, is rightfully considered the “ancestor” of the department, which became the first department of clinical pharmacology in the USSR. From its inception to September 2017, it was headed by Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Honored Scientist, Honorary Head of the Department, Doctor of Medical Sciences – Professor Vladimir G. Kukes. Currently, the head of the Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Internal Medicine Propaedeutics is Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Shih Evgenia V..
Pedagogical, medical and scientific work are the main components of the life of the department, the students of the medical, dental, pediatric faculties, the Directorate of educational programs of the International Medicine “Future Medicine” Center for International Education are currently studying there. The Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Propaedeutics of Internal Diseases constitutes a pool of those few departments at Sechenov University that implement training in various academic disciplines throughout the entire period of study at the university, from learning the basics of patient care in the 1st year to immersion in the world of clinical pharmacology in the 6th year. In addition, an elective course on topical issues of pharmacogenetics for graduate students is held annually in the department. Teaching is conducted in both Russian and English.
Graduates can continue to receive medical education at the department through the passage of clinical residency programs (available directions: therapy and clinical pharmacology) and postgraduate studies (clinical pharmacology and internal diseases).
The clinical base of the department is the IV Davydovsky City Clinical Hospital (Yauzskaya St., 11, block 5). Under the conditions of the therapeutic, cardiological, pulmonary and neurological departments, regular advisory and therapeutic activities of the department staff are carried out, and practical classes are held with students.
The main directions of scientific work of the department are:
– Study of the system of biotransformation and transporters of drugs in order to increase the efficiency and safety of the use of drugs.
– Pharmacogenetic studies: the study of gene polymorphisms of cytochrome P-450 isoenzymes and drug transponders and their effect on the efficacy and safety of drugs.
– Pharmacoepidemiological and pharmacoeconomic studies (cardiovascular diseases, diseases of the respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract, osteoporosis, etc.).
– Clinical studies of drugs in patients with chronic heart failure, arterial hypertension, hyperlipidemia, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, bronchial asthma.
– The study of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, clinical efficacy and safety of vitamin preparations.
– Clinical studies of the efficacy and safety of homeopathic and herbal remedies.
– Pharmacokinetic studies of drugs.
Admission 2021-2022 is open now. Join to thousands of happy students in First Moscow State Medical University
Admission office for international students.
Adfress: 119991, Moscow, Trubetskaya street, house 8, building 2, Russia
Phone: +7 (969) 283-48-20